One of the toughest choices to make when upgrading a patio or entertainment room is what kind of roof to have? Usually, people prefer one of two types of roofing. Either they go for single skin roofing or insulated roofing. But which one to get? What are the benefits? Here in this post, we will talk about the benefits of both so that you get the best roof for your needs. For more information on any other roofing, you can search Brisbane patio builders.
Single skin roofing
Single skin roofing is a type of roofing material specially designed for patios. It has a single pre-painted steel panel, joined by a unique crisscrossing clip. It is usually V in shape.
Advantages of single skin roofing:
Single skin roofing has a lot of advantages including:
- Cost-efficient: As the name suggests, it is a single skin of roofing material and so it is extremely cost-effective. If you have a tight budget, we recommend this type of roofing.
- Easy installation: These types of roof are particularly designed to span large areas and are quite lightweight. Since they are lightweight, construction and installation of the roof becomes easy. It requires less time and also fewer posts and beams than a heavier roof material. Brisbane patio designs can be found online as well.
- Skylight integration: A single skin with an easy joining clip can be incorporated with translucent skylight panels. This can help to increase a lot of natural light into the area without compromising on sun and weather protection.
Disadvantages of single skin roofing:
The problem some homeowners face with this type of roofing is that it fails to keep the space warm. Due to its design, sunlight is reflected and it does not possess the warmth absorbing qualities that are desirable during the colder season. Condensation can also form on the underside of the ceiling and this results in mould formation.
This type of roofing is more on the premium side of roofing options. This roofing consists of the roofing sheet bonded with a polystyrene core and a pre-painted underside panel.
Advantages of insulated roofing:
Like single skin roofing, insulated roofing, too, has many advantages:
- Insulation: As the name suggests, an insulated roof is more insulated from the extremes of the temperature in hot regions. In summer, it will reflect a lot of heat to keep the area cool and in the colder season, the area will remain warm. It is resistant to any moisture and condensation. You can look up Brisbane insulated patio roofing for more information.
- Ceiling like appearance: It has the appearance of a flat ceiling and can make an added patio appear to be an extension of the existing house.
- Can install lights and fan: As the cavity can be used for extra wiring, it can have lights and fans installed on the ceiling to make the patio more comfortable.
- Temperature control: One of the biggest advantages of insulated roofing is that it can help you control the temperatures in cold and warm weather. You can minimise both heating and cooling according to your wish.
Both the roofing option gives you countless benefits and good results. Both give protection from sunlight and enhance the comfort in your patio. You can check insulated patio roofing Brisbane to know the best options available.